Friday, May 22, 2015

A Tattoo Bouquet for Summer



After two weeks of posting nothing but movie reviews, it seemed time on this pre-holiday Friday to post a little something personal. I like to pretend that I have a good deal of self-restraint, but sometimes it comes down to the fact that, when you're itching for something new, you have to go for it. My self-imposed "hiatus from tattoos" at the end of last year lasted for approximately 5 months, and a few weeks back, I found myself exactly where I told you I would be. Back in my hometown, at an incredible, budding shop called Fura Body Works, I enlisted the brilliant Lawrence Edwards to design for me a bundle of the prettiest flowers I ever did see. Remember, I mentioned him in my 15 Tattoo Artists to Follow list?

I don't even know where to begin, this guy is so talented, and he gets better with every tattoo he does. I feel honored to have a custom piece on my body forever.

Not much more to say than that. A stunning tattoo just in time for summer that I could not be more excited about—the way it wraps, the whip shading... the perfect start to an (eventual) half sleeve. A floral bouquet of peonies, bull thistles, and pussy willows. Here are some pictures from the 4½-hour session, courtesy of my very patient sister. Final two pictures courtesy Lawrence Edwards.





Conception Drawing

Final Version

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...