Monday, November 9, 2015

Music Mondays: Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats "S.O.B."



Last month, I was listening to L.A. radio station Alt 98.7—the Woody Show, naturally. Between talk radio bits, this song came on. Normally, music is an unwelcome distraction from the show during my morning commute, but not this time. This was Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats singing "S.O.B." and I was completely floored. One of the most exciting songs to play on the radio in years, the energy of the track is electric, thumping, and my heart pulses to the beat.

Rateliff's music makes my eyes light up, and I have yet to witness anyone listening to this song who doesn't react with the same excitement. It's funky, soulful rockabilly wrapped up in a bit of a homegrown hipster package. Something right out of O Brother Where Art Thou? with a kiss of Cry-Baby wackiness. Big band, Memphis sound, I've fallen hard for "S.O.B.", and I can't wait to explore the rest of their music. If it's half as good as this song, I may have a new favorite album on the horizon.

Give it a listen, and brighten your Monday morning!

Artist: Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats
Song: "S.O.B." | download
Album: Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...