Monday, April 25, 2016

Music Mondays: Miles Davis "Générique"



This past week, drowning in work and preparing for this week's Mexican vacation (I'm posting this while sitting poolside), the only way I could focus was by listening to the master trumpeter, Miles Davis. Strange coincidence that a bio-pic about him, Miles Ahead, came out this past weekend... while I haven't had the chance to see it yet, I have been reflecting back on my very favorite piece he ever did. "Générique." It's sexy and passionate jazz, and I listened to it on repeat the semester I stayed up multiple nights in a row to complete my first full 'spec' screenplay. As a result, the script was pretty sexy and passionate, too. ;)

If you're not familiar with Miles Davis' work, it's never too late to start. Take a listen to my pick of his best; it might just lead you to listen to more of his albums (almost all of which can be found on YouTube)... Happy Monday, folks!

Artist: Miles Davis
Song: "Générique" | download
Album: Jazz Track (1958)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...