Monday, December 7, 2015

Music Mondays: Heather Nova "Heart and Shoulder"



When I was in middle school (late 90s, for perspective), I used to sit in the dark on my floor and listen to this song (the whole album, really) over and over and over again, dreaming of a future boyfriend I couldn't wait to have. It's safe to say that I was a pretty melodramatic kid. But Heather Nova became a favorite of mine when multiple songs from her 1999 album, Siren, were featured on equally melodramatic WB shows like "Dawson's Creek" and "Felicity"... even my favorite, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," played a Heather song, albeit from her 2002 album, South.

I've been re-listening to a lot of Heather Nova lately, mostly the old stuff, even though she has a new record out. It's a nostalgia that's hard to describe, but it makes me heart heavy and full. So I wanted to share her with you on this Music Monday. Enjoy "Heart and Shoulder"!

Artist: Heather Nova
Song: "Heart and Shoulder" | download
Album: Siren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...