Monday, December 1, 2014

Music Mondays: Tim Minchin "White Wine In The Sun"



Coming in a little late today, but considering it is the post-Thanksgiving holiday, is that really a surprise? I hope those in the US had an amazing Turkey Day (and if you're out of the States, a lovely weekend!). It's getting to be that time of year, and I can't help but feel swept away by the impending holiday.

With that, I wanted to focus this month's music selections on the not-so-traditional songs that make this holiday so great. The first of which is one of my personal favorites from comedian Tim Minchin. His honest, funny, and touching poem-song "White Wine in the Sun."

I first heard this track a few years ago, and every Christmas since, I've been known to cycle through it on repeat like a crazy person, welling up with tears of happiness and satisfaction. I love how nontraditional the song is, but it still captures the true meaning of the holidays--at least what they mean to me.

If you're a fan of this Aussie, then you know how compelling his work can be. This is one of his tamer, more accessible songs, and I believe it is the perfect way to kick off this December month. Enjoy!

Artist: Tim Minchin
Song: "White Wine in the Sun" | download | stream
Album: Ready For This?

1 comment:

  1. Always and forever will be my favorite Christmas song. Love love love.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...