Monday, December 29, 2014

Geometric Tattoo



I understand now why people say tattoos are addictive. Sure, I knew what all my friends told me about how I'd get hooked, but I didn't experience it that way for a long time. Maybe something happens that moment you get your first large piece. The rest of your skin seems sort of... empty by comparison. It took me many years to commit to getting my "lady" piece (read about the outline here and the coloring here)... but it took about 5 minutes to commit to getting the next one.

Before flying to Cleveland for the holidays, John and I went back to Fura Body Works while visiting my family in the Bay Area. This time, he was getting inked too! And for the first time. Very exciting. Finally, he gets to celebrate his love of math, right there on his arms! I loved getting tattooed back to back, and now he truly understands that "irritating pain" I tried to describe to him before.

I'd been craving a geometric design on my left arm for awhile now. I just didn't have an exact design in mind! I love tattooer Kiki Burghardt's work, and when she posted the Navajo-inspired sketch with some of her 'flash' art last month, that's all it took! It came out beautifully (love the dot work!) and even though it's still healing, I'm completely enamored.

Now, I'm gonna try to cut myself off from tattoos are a little while. With such precious 'body real estate' left, one shouldn't be too hasty, right? Yeah. Right. We'll see how long I can stay away. In the meantime, I'll just have to scour Instagram for new artists to obsess over. I'm working on a list now of some of my favorites to share with you all, but for now, here are a few pics from our recent tattoo session adventure. xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...