Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Deck the Halls with Twinkling Lights



It's never really the holidays until the lights go up around the house and ornaments are hung from the tree. And for the first time since living on my own, I have a full size tree to enjoy this Christmas! No, it's not a real one, but it's pretty darn close (and a huge improvement from my tabletop one I used the last few years.)

John and I laced twinkling light strands around our 6th floor balcony, which I honestly love so much, I might just keep them up year-round! The view is only enhanced from the soft glow of the warm lights. The tree? Well, the cats haven't tried to climb it yet, and I even have just the right amount of ornaments to fill it.

I wish that John and I could stay through Christmas and enjoy this festive little space. But for the weeks leading up to our trip to Cleveland, I know this is what will put me in that holiday spirit. How are your decorations coming along? Did you put them up weeks ago, or are you holding off until the last minute? No matter when they go up, I hope you're all having a beautiful winter's day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...