Wednesday, February 10, 2016

My Top Ten Movie Moments of 2015

Last year, it took me no time at all to post this list. Maybe because I actually hadn't seen all that many new movies, so it wasn't too hard to pick my favorite moments. As it were, this year, I saw 93 movies that were released in 2015 (so far!), so the pool of memorable moments was more than a little overwhelming. But when push comes to shove, the best moments always stand out, even if the movie itself didn't.

Some of these are common favorites, some much less so. Some of the films can be found on my Top 10 of 2015 list, while most of them, well... can't. Either way, all of these scenes stuck in me, and maybe they stuck in you, too. (You may also notice, I'm a sucker for dance sequences.)

*WARNING: may contain spoilers*

What We Do In the Shadows

10. Viago (Taika Waititi) introducing the documentary crew to ancient vampire Petyr (Ben Fransham) in WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS. [watch scene here]

9. William (Harrison Ford) sees Adaline (Blake Lively) for the first time in 50 years in THE AGE OF ADALINE. [watch scene here]

8. Nathan (Oscar Isaac) dances with one of his robots in EX MACHINA. [watch scene here]

7. The entire extended visit to Connecticut in MISTRESS AMERICA.

6. The sandstorm action sequence in MAD MAX: FURY ROAD. [watch scene here]

5. The underwater heist in MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - ROGUE NATION. [watch scene here]

Inside Out

4. Joy (Amy Poehler) and Bing Bong (Richard Kind) try to escape the Memory Dump in INSIDE OUT. [watch scene here] ("Take her to the moon for me..." *sniff*)

3. Big Dick Richie (Joe Manganiello) and his gas station strip tease dance to "I Want It That Way" in MAGIC MIKE XXL. [watch scene here]

2. Jack (Jacob Tremblay) meets a dog for the first time in ROOM. [watch scene here]

and the best scene of the year goes to...

1. Amy (Amy Schumer) performs for Aaron (Bill Hader) with the Knick City Dancers to Billy Joel’s "Uptown Girl" in TRAINWRECK. [watch scene here]

Trainwreck

Those are my favorite moments in movies in 2015. What are yours? Share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...