Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pop Art Pop Up: "Viva Hate" by Jeffrey Everett

"Viva Hate", inspired by Let the Right One In | via

I recently found the above print from the "Required Reading" show at Gallery 1988 (they have a 'West' and 'East' location on Melrose), which ran back in December.  The show focused on art inspired by famous novels -- this one is a great take on a scene from John Ajvide Lindqvist's Let The Right One In, entitled "Viva Hate."  I absolutely adore it.  Notice the blood?  And curious young Oskar?  Beautiful.  

I love Gallery 1988's spaces, and the shows they put on always feature the best in the world of pop culture-centric art.  Their annual Crazy 4 Cult shows are my personal favorite.  The original works on display tend to be significantly out of my price range -- but they are always selling cheaper, limited edition prints from their back room.  I have several from previous exhibits, and just yesterday, I bought "Viva Hate" for my gallery wall at home.

Hopefully you'll enjoy this lovely piece by Jeffrey Everett (co-founder of artistic duo Rockets Are Red) as much as I have, and if you feel so inclined, he has other art for sale here.  I'm doing everything in my power to keep from buying this one, too.  Only time will tell if I can manage that.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...