Monday, May 4, 2015

Music Mondays: The Struts "Could Have Been Me"



Nothing feels more right than sharing this unapologetic rock anthem on a Monday afternoon... I just heard The Struts (and this song, specifically) on the radio randomly last week, and immediately pulled out Shazam to capture the details. I'd never heard of this UK-based band, and I immediately latched onto lead singer Luke Spiller's voice, which has too many elements of the brilliant Freddie Mercury to ignore. Their 80s rock-glam style is also enough to get me all kinds of excited about these guys. Besides, I can never resist a bit of rock'n'roll androgyny, since I get a Joan Jett vibe from Spiller, too.

Even though this song, "Could Have Been Me," acme out back in 2013 in the UK, it's starting to actually get a bit of play here in the US, and I can't wait to see their star rise on this side of the pond. Check them out, I know you'll be as transfixed by them as I am!

Artist: The Struts
Song: "Could Have Been Me" | download | stream
Album: Everybody Wants [Import]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...