Monday, January 11, 2016

Music Mondays: Andra Day "Rise Up"



Two weeks in a row of this vocal goddess. I couldn't help it. After sharing her track last week, featured in the film Meru, I started listening to every song on her first record, Cheers to the Fall. Anyone who is already familiar with Miss Andra Day's music probably wouldn't find this selection as any surprise, as it's been featured in a Beats by Dre commercial and is, justifiably, her first single. "Rise Up" sets my soul on fire, it has a power that I simply can't get enough of it. Of this video's 1.5 million views, I may have contributed a whole million of them last week. Over and over again this song is playing on my computer during work, even as I type.

My favorite track that I've heard in a while, even more than Adele's "Hello" (*gasp!*). Andra Day is a powerhouse diva with the type of voice the world could certainly use more of. Listen to "Rise Up" immediately—it'll make your Monday. xx

Artist: Andra Day
Song: "Rise Up" | download
Album: Cheers to the Fall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...