Monday, January 19, 2015

Vinyl Love on this Music Monday



You may have noticed a normal Music Monday post didn't go up today. I've found that I'm in a pretty big music rut! The same old songs have been playing on my same old iPod for months now, and I'm in desperate need of some new tunes. John and I recently set up a dedicated space for all of our music, specifically, our collection of vinyl records. Digital music has taken a bit of a backseat while I've devoured all my old and new records, but I normally don't have such a hard time discovering new (to me) music.

So in lieu of a specific song, I'm going to throw out a record recommendation! One of my favorite records, which I found years ago for $5 at Amoeba Records here in LA, is Julie London's first major release, Julie is her name. It features one of my favorite tracks, "Cry Me a River," as well as the incredible "I'm In the Mood for Love"... I can't recommend this 1950s singer and her entire discography enough.

That being said, I welcome any new music recs that you might have! In the meantime, I'll be here spinning my Julie records on repeat and sitting in the dark with a glass of pinot noir.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...