Monday, April 13, 2015

Music Mondays: Koop "Koop Island Blues"



Happy Monday, from the lovely island of Kaua'i. I'm enjoying a cup of coffee overlooking Keoniloa Bay (and Shipwreck's Beach), sun rising directly in front of me in the east... and I couldn't feel more at peace. Today also happens to be my 29th birthday. :) Every time I find myself in such a relaxed state, I think of this song. "Koop Island Blues" by Koop, featuring Ane Brun. It is beachy, tropical, and leaves the subtle taste of mai tais in your mouth. It's also a tinge melancholy, but to be honest, I love that aspect, too. The premier track from their album Koop Islands, it deserves to be set on repeat.

I can't help share this song with you on this glorious Monday. I implore you to take a moment, close your eyes, and listen to the sounds of waves hitting the beach, while a tinkering of acid jazz rolls through the palm trees. You'll swear you were on the beach here in Hawai'i with me. Enjoy!

xx

Artist: Koop
Song: "Koop Island Blues" | download | stream
Album: Koop Islands

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...