Monday, August 3, 2015

Music Mondays: Amanda Ghost "Filthy Mind"



There is no album that played through my car stereo during high school than Ghost Stories by Amanda Ghost. While the London singer/songwriter may have only had a single hit on US radio (do you remember "Silver Lining"?), it's her track "Filthy Mind" that first caught my attention when it was featured in an early episode of the TV show "Queer as Folk." I was obsessed with that show, and as a result, this song. I played it constantly, tracking down her full CD at our local music store and playing it until it skipped horribly. Even with the scratches, I still have that busted-up old record.

I'm wasn't sure what Amanda Ghost had been up to in the 15 years since this album came out, so I looked her up. Turns out, she was head of Epic Records for a year before jumping back into music! Pretty bad-ass! I played through my fan-made QAF soundtrack mix the other day and couldn't help but share this with you all. It's like song-crack. Enjoy!

Artist: Amanda Ghost
Song: "Filthy Mind" | download
Album: Ghost Stories 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...