Monday, February 9, 2015

Music Mondays: Elisa "Stranger"



One of my favorite songs of all time, and probably the single most played song on my iPod ever. Elisa Toffoli is a singer-songwriter from Italy who splits her time between singing opera with Andrea Boccelli, and writing pop songs in Italian and English. In 2007, her 2001 album Then Comes the Sun, was released in the United States, which contains her most addictive English tracks. Today's song, "Stranger," is one of them, and it is somber and explosive.

Elisa's voice is so unique, reminiscent of talent the likes of Björk, and admittedly, I don't think it's for everyone. For me, however, her voice is transcendent. I first discovered her when her song (from this same album) entitled "Dancing" was used in Season 3 of the US version of "So You Think You Can Dance," in what remains one of my favorite routines by choreographer Mia Michaels. From that moment on, I can honestly say I was obsessed with Elisa. I even saw her in concert at The Roxy in 2009, and recorded her singing today's song.

Selections from this album were compiled again for a different US release, Dancing, in 2008, but my preference has always been for this original album. I think you'll love it too. xx

Artist: Elisa
Song: "Stranger" | download | stream
Album: Then Comes the Sun

1 comment:

  1. The best, forever and always. My constant for (Jesus) 8 years now. How time flies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...