Monday, February 2, 2015

Music Mondays: Missy Higgins "Where I Stood"



This week, I'm continuing to share my love for singer-songwriters that I spent a lot of time listening to during my college years. Last week, I talked about A Fine Frenzy--this week, it's time for a little Missy Higgins. The Australian singer has released multiple albums, all of which got heavy play in my little Mazda as I popped around Orange County in those days. But my very favorite song of hers is "Where I Stood," from her album On a Clear Night.

This song just takes me away, balancing sadness and hope, and I can't help but be affected by it. Missy certainly knows how to write a relatable song. If you haven't heard this song before, give yourself a little treat and give it a listen. The rest of her music is wonderful, but it all started with this song for me. Maybe it will for you too.

Artist: Missy Higgins
Song: "Where I Stood" | download | stream
Album: On a Clear Night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...