Monday, February 23, 2015

Music Mondays: Wardell "Opossum"



This selection for Music Monday is a unique find. I stumbled across this song by Wardell, "Opossum," when I was scrolling through Instagram. It was an Instagram hole, actually, and probably the least logical path to find new music, but there you go. One of the celebrities I follow tagged their friend, Sasha Spielberg, and so I devoured her feed for, hmm... a couple hours.

Anyways, it turns out, this daughter of director Steven Spielberg is in a band with her brother Theo. That band is Wardell. Their music has a indie pop feel, and when I heard this track they put out in 2011, I did everything I could to find more music. Turns out, their first full album, which includes "Opossum," was released digitally two weeks ago. I just had to share my newfound love with you. Check them out, I think they're going to be big.

Artist: Wardell
Song: "Opossum" | download
Album: Love / Idleness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...