Monday, March 9, 2015

Music Mondays: Hozier "Someone New"



If you're not listening to the debut, self-titled album by Hozier, I'm not sure where you've been over the last few months. I'm sure you've heard the endless repetition of his first smash-hit single "Take Me to Church" all over the radio... You might even be a bit sick of it. But that likely means you haven't heard his 2014 album in its entirety, and today, I hope to remedy that. His new single is one of many, incredible tracks on that album, and it's titled "Someone New."

The video, released last week, features actress Natalie Dormer, and the tone of the song is represented perfectly in the sad, melancholy of the video. Kind of reminds me of Tove Lo's "Habits" music video.

Right now, for me, there is no better album to set on repeat in the background of my workday. There are times when Hozier (real name: Andrew Hozier-Byrne) croons like Van Morrison, and other times where he belts like a gospel choir... and it's intoxicating. His look, his sound, I'm into all of it. Take a second to check out this new track, and you'll see that he's so much more than "Take Me to Church" (which, of course, I also love)—how can you hate writing like that?

Happy Monday! xx

Artist: Hozier
Song: "Someone New" | download | stream
Album: Hozier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...