Monday, June 8, 2015

Music Mondays: Walk the Moon "Shut Up and Dance" + Movie Dance Compilation



You may or may not know this about me, but nothing makes me happier--or tear up--more than synchronized dance sequences in movies. The final Bollywood dance number in Slumdog Millionaire? Best credits in history. The line dancing scene in Footloose? I guess I like country music now! And don't even get me started on Duckie's Otis Redding-inspired breakdown in Pretty in Pink! So what might be the greatest video in the world? How about a smash-cut of nearly every memorable dance sequence in movie history, overlaid with Walk the Moon's infectious anthem, "Shut Up and Dance"?

Done and done! My friend shared this video with me last week, and I have not stopped watching it since. I may or may not have choked up a bit when little Mumble and his flipper-tapping friends were shown. And since I still can't get enough of it, I had to share it with all of you. Chances are, you've seen it already and are just as obsessed as me! How could any movie lover not fall in love with this song after seeing this compilation, with over 85 movies represented? No one, that's who. This might be my favorite Music Monday to date.

So enjoy, and I hope this puts a smile on your face on this lovely Monday morning. xx

Artist: Walk the Moon
Song: "Shut Up and Dance" | download
Album: Talking is Hard
Video Produced/Edited By: MsTabularasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...