Monday, October 13, 2014

Music Mondays: Lady Gaga "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)"



During my recent speed drive up north, I got through the 9 hours total of driving by blasting music and singing my heart out. Don't we all? The primary song on my road trip playlist was Lady Gaga's rendition of the Nancy Sinatra classic, "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)."

The song is featured as a bonus track on Gaga's new jazz duets album with legend Tony Bennett, Cheek to Cheek, and while every song on the album is worth a listen, this one packs a punch. Gaga takes the stage alone, and the build of the song gives me chills. The original song is so iconic, Gaga's powerful singing chops serve only to enhance it.

The vinyl version of this record is being released tomorrow, October 14th, and according to Gaga and Bennet, vinyl is the way it needs to be heard (adding to my shopping cart now!)

I've always been a fan of Gaga's stripped down music, because god, can this girl sing. Tony Bennett, of course, just sets the standard, and his working relationship with Lady Gaga is one of a kind.

So check out the "Bang Bang" live performance above, recorded for an upcoming "Great Perfomances" PBS special, Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga: Cheek To Cheek LIVE!, airing October 24th @ 9 PM. If you only know Gaga from her "Poker Face" and "Bad Romance" singles, you might be pleasantly surprised by what you see here.

Artist: Lady Gaga
Song: "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)" | stream
Album: Cheek to Cheek

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...