Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Wares & Things: Out of Print



Yesterday, I briefly mentioned a must-visit stop in Little Tokyo, The Hob Nob—an adorable shop with a slew of clothing, bags and jewelry from independent vendors.

What caught my eye (and really, the whole reason I walked into the store) was their display of literary t-shirts. These shirts are made by Out of Print, a clothing and accessories retailer that specializes in prints that showcase the covers of, you guessed it, out of print and original editions of classic novels. I went into the store and immediately tore through the rack, because every shirt was better than the next! I seriously wanted every single one!

The quality of the shirts is so soft, and their women's tees come in a variety of v-, crop, or scoop neck styles. The best part? For every item sold, Out of Print donates one book to a community in need through Books for Africa! How amazing is that?

Since I had to limit myself with the spending coming out of Hob Nob, I walked away with only one literary t-shirt score: A Clockwork Orange!

I'm wearing it as I type this, and so it's no surprise that the moment I got home, I did a search for more Out of Print shirts that I could put on my wish list. My favorite book of all time is Frankenstein, and considering Halloween is coming up, of course I was drawn to the "horror" novel covers, of which they had plenty!

(1) Dracula by Bram Stoker, (2) Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, (3) The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson, (4) A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

I love that you can search by title. Are any of your favorite books on there?

* Note: this post was not sponsored, just as none of my posts are sponsored. I simply love sharing fun wares (and wears) with all of you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...