Monday, November 10, 2014

Music Mondays: KITTEN "Japanese Eyes"



My absolute favorite music right now comes from electro-punk band, KITTEN. Their first full length record was released this past June, and I've seen them in concert three times in the last year. Front woman Chloe Chaidez is the band's core, and with [constantly] rotating supporting players accompanying her, it's a good thing that she's set up to hold her own.

This song is "Japanese Eyes", one of my favorites the band has released. It wasn't included on the new self-titled LP (which I reviewed a few months back), but instead was featured on the band's EP release, Cut It Out, back in 2012. They made a simple but stylistically perfect music video for the track. Chloe is a bit of a firecracker, only 17 years old at the time of this video shoot. In concert, she's like a ball of uncontrollable energy, and at such a young age, she showcases advanced songwriting and vocal skills.

I love this girl. I can't recommend the band's music highly enough, for anyone that loves 80's synth-pop or 90's punk rock. All of their EPs are worth a listen, and their full length record is half old tracks, half new. Give them a listen, especially the above song and "Kill the Light," their best song (IMHO). This won't be the last time you see me post a KITTEN song for Music Mondays, that's a promise.

Artist: KITTEN
Song: "Japanese Eyes" | stream
Album: Cut It Out

PS. On second thought, just stream all of their tracks here. Every EP, the entire LP. I know I will be today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...