Monday, November 3, 2014

Music Mondays: Sammy Davis Jr. "What Kind of Fool Am I?"



It's just a Rat Pack kind of morning.

Sammy Davis Jr is, by far, my favorite of the Pack, and his "What Kind of Fool Am I?" just makes this girl go weak at the knees. The live version above is, like the poster's description says, the closest to the original recording I've ever heard. No frills, no back-up singers, or fancy dance moves (although we all know he was the master of that, too).

Just give Sammy a stool and a microphone, and he will melt your heart. Click play above and close your eyes. You'll be happy you did. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to make friends with the 'replay' button.

Artist: Sammy Davis Jr.
Song: "What Kind of Fool Am I?"
Album: any of his expansive Greatest Hits albums, originally featured on What Kind of Fool Am I - and Other Show-Stoppers in 1962

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...