Thursday, November 13, 2014

Wares & Things: BLUEsky BLACKbird



I'm thisclose to a massive jewelry purge. You get to the point, like you do with your clothing, when you can stare at countless pieces of jewelry and still think you have nothing worth wearing. All collections evolve, and I'm finding that the older I get, the less I want to buy earrings in bulk 3-for-1, or shoddy rings on display at department store check out counters. It sounds like a cliche to cite 'quality over quantity' as an ebbing motivation, but there you go. It may just be a factor of growing up.

As a result, I've been on the hunt. Something different, something handmade. Something that wouldn't be quick to find itself broken or tarnished in the garbage bin. I stumbled across the BLUEsky BLACKbird shop on Etsy last week, and I'm completely taken with the hand-notched metal jewelry. There's also a lot of styles, which I like, because sometimes I feel like wearing a statement necklace, while other times I feel like popping on some basic delicate stud earrings.

And how cute is that ring? It's definitely time for some jewelry box revamping -- probably starting with those rustic gold hoop earrings. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...