Monday, November 17, 2014

Music Mondays: Patty Griffin "Heavenly Day"



Something peaceful and something sweet. Another long weekend spending days with friends, this time in South Lake Tahoe, it's time for a song that encompasses all of the happiness I'm feeling. Patty Griffin wrote a song called "Heavenly Day," that she revealed later was about her dog. It makes me choke up every time with delight. An old boss of mine used to play this song loudly from her office whenever she was having a really good, quiet day. And that's the kind of day I'm having today--though admittedly, I'm missing my little Gretchen-pups very much, as she's being doggy-sat by her grandparents.

Anyone who has (or does) own a furry friend will listen to this song and feel immediately taken with it. I just know it. Have a happy Monday, everyone!

Artist: Patty Griffin
Song: "Heavenly Day" | stream
Album: Children Running Through

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...