Monday, August 4, 2014

Music Mondays: Blue Swede "Hooked on a Feeling"



I actually nixed my original choice for today's Music Monday to, in exchange, post this song.  After seeing Guardians of the Galaxy this weekend, I left the theater with a distinct "Ooga chacka ooga ooga ooga chacka" pounding away on repeat in my head!  And I bet many of you are in the same boat.

So in celebration of how much fun I had at the movies this weekend, I'm sharing an awesome "movie music video" presentation of 1974's "Hooked on a Feeling", as sung by '70s Swedish pop rock band, Blue Swede, alongside footage from the movie.  It is undeniably catchy, so much so that I'm pretty sure my office mates are going to break my speakers by the end of today. (j/k, they all love it too.)

And just as Guardians isn't the first movie to feature this song prominently (that distinction goes to Reservoir Dogs back in 1992), Blue Swede certainly wasn't the first to sing this song.  This more-famous version is actually a cover of the 1968 B.J. Thomas song.

So press play, and enjoy!  I've already placed a pre-order for the full Guardians soundtrack on vinyl, as all of Awesome Mix Vol. 1 is a '70s nostalgic trip.  Like a sci-fi, superhero version of The Big Chill.

Artist:  Blue Swede (B.J. Thomas cover)
Song:  "Hooked on a Feeling" download | stream
Featured In:  Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...