Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Wares & Things: Cotton & Flax

trivet, coasters, tea towel, pillows from Cotton & Flax

My sister has told me repeatedly that I need to get a good set of felt or fabric coasters.  My current ones, while beautiful, are glass and do nothing to keep pooling water from spilling onto our wood coffee table.
When did I become someone who cared about water rings?  Is that just a sign of adulthood?

In an effort to find something fun and unique, I scoured the net and came upon Cotton & Flax, an independent textile shop.   Not only did I find gorgeous geometric-patterned felt coasters, but a handful of other housewares that would be perfect for my living area and kitchen!  Considering these are all handmade items, they are pretty affordable!

And, much to my surprise and delight, it turns out that "owner, maker & designer" Erin Dollar runs her home studio right here in Los Angeles!  It's always an added bonus when you come across artists and creators that also happen to be local.

Her coasters are also available at Mignon Kitchen (along with a discounted price tag), which features a fun collection of goods for your kitchen & pantry from a variety of independent makers.

Aren't they just perfect?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...