Sunday, August 17, 2014

Project Cross Stitch


I have a secret. I love to cross stitch. My mother taught me when I was a kid, and we would make ornaments and traditional patterned pieces; pretty basic stuff.

Now, it's been years since I've put my hands on a needle and thread. But I was overcome the other day, while the boyfriend was gaming (card, board, video... he does them all): I really wanted something to do with my hands. Something I could do while marathoning whatever TV show we were watching this week; something that could pull me away from the computer.

So I did my research and found some incredible designs. Specifically from Gecko Rouge, with creations by Illustrated Ink. This UK-based shop offers the most overwhelmingly intricate cross-stitch designs, from traditional to tattoo-like (check out their Dia de los Muertos selection! I'm in love with the skeleton Dachshund.)

Last week, I pulled the trigger and bought one. And I may have bitten off more than I could chew - it's HUGE.  I couldn't be more excited! It arrived on Friday, and I'm already hard at work. But with 15 pages of pattern to follow, this could take awhile!

I'll be sure to update on my progress. Right now, it doesn't look like much, huh? Well, you'll have to check back later to get a sense of what it'll be. ;) This is a long time coming -- and my love of cross stitch has been re-invigorated!  Such an antiquated - but very rewarding - hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...