Sunday, September 21, 2014

A Morning in Venice {Beach}

This morning, I woke up and looked outside. Cloudy. I told John that I didn't care how overcast it was, I was committed to going to the beach, and wasn't particular about which one. This is LA, after all -- muggy mornings become clear blue skies by 11 a.m. most of the time.

I dragged him out of bed, packed up our beach blankets, towels, and sunscreen -- confident we would actually need it -- and set out. We traveled to Venice, the West Side's eclectic beach town, grabbed the world's best iced Mexican Mochas at Groundwork Coffee on Rose Ave before heading to the Pier.

The beach was quiet, with only a handful of souls -- like us -- who anticipated the impending sunlight. I even got into the water, which I normally refuse to do (me and salt water aren't the best of friends.) But mostly, we just lounged and soaked up that precious Vitamin D.

It was too short of a trip, but necessary for my sanity. The water was warm, the breeze was cool, and the sun re-invigorating. John and I may have to make a habit of this kind of outing. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...