Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Shades of White and Gray




This past Monday evening was spent with my best girlfriend, Shannon, lounging on the bright pinky-purple sleeper sofa in my office/guest room, catching up on episodes of "True Blood" and "The Killing". As I struggled to get comfortable, sprawling out to make full use of the chaise, I realized what was missing: pillows.

Lots and lots of fun, cozy, necessary pillows.

The couch is quite the color. Bright and unapologetic -- everything I could hope for in a sofa. So that got me thinking about incorporating some grays and whites for contrast. Today, I found a handful of fun pillows at Urban Outfitters that I think fit the bill, not to mention they would add a soft and plush texture. It's shocking how hard it is to find cute pillows on a budget! When did pillow covers become a thing only for the upper echelon?! If only I were better at estate and thrift shopping.

But that doesn't stop me from fantasizing of a couch gilded in pillows of gray and white.

{pictured: the rise and fall cat pillow, cable-knit pillowrounded pintuck pillow, waterfall ruffle pillow, texture diamond pillow via Urban Outfitters}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...